Friday, May 2, 2008

The Last Hand of the Night

Continuing from my last post, after a 4 hour session of round-and-round 1-2 NLHE and PLO, I announce that I am playing my final orbit for the night. I'm sitting on a stack of about $320, up $70 for the night. On my very last hand, playing Omaha, I get myself into a mess. I'm very curious to see how everyone else plays this hand in this situation. Try to take into account the "last hand of the night" status of the hand as well.

Note 1: Button is a bit wild and very willing to gamble on a draw.
Note 2: BB is solid and has not been betting out in PLO without strength.
Note 3: Some of the math is a little fuzzy and doesn't seem to add up, but the major elements of action are accurate.

$1-$2 PLO, 8-handed
Position: 4 from button
Hand: Qd-10d-10h-5h
PF Action: UTG limps, I limp for $2, 4 limpers behind, SB calls, BB raises pot to $20. UTG calls, I call and Button calls.
Pot: ~$80

Flop: Qs-7h-5s
Action: BB bets pot for $85. UTG folds.
Question 1: Does Hero fold, call or raise?
...
...
...
...
...
Actual Action: BB bets pot for $85. UTG folds. Hero calls $85. Button tanks and eventually folds.

Turn: 3c
Action: BB checks.
Question 2: Does Hero check behind or bet?

I'll post the final results later today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

would've folded pre-flop (given note that bb is solid), that's not the kind of hand I want to play for my stack in a raised pot.

You hit a great flop but need to decide now to play for your whole stack or not. I would either raise or fold, not call. After the call and BB check, I would bet it, he's played the hand like he has a high pair so far....
-ron

Anonymous said...

Fold preflop -- on flop raise pot -- turn raise pot

Anonymous said...

I think that hand is a 12, which isn't good enough to limp.....so, calling a raise pre-flop is not ideal.....once done and you hit 2 pair, it is time to push a pot size re-raise on flop.......if you only call and a blank hits, then definately all-in on turn.....got to get your money in as a favorite and his AAxx is a dog to your 2 pair

from Rodney

noldmax said...

So Henson, on your last hand of the night, you're pushing it all in there on the flop with top and bottom pair?

What kind of hand are you putting opponent on?