Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Immortal, Everlasting

I've already been running nicely at this table when I decide to just limp from UTG with Qh-10h. It's only me and the BB to the flop...



The BB actually led out, which I smooth called, and then led again on the turn, which I raised about 2.5x. He called, to my utter delight, and then check-called an 80% pot bet on the river.



So I even managed to win a decent-sized pot with hand.

That's the 3rd time I've ever hit a Royal Flush. I've flopped it once online before, and I turned it once in a live game, and actually got paid off by a player with a low straight. I suppose this should provide another impetus to refrain from crying about bad beats for a while. But c'mon, we all know that there is no 1-to-1 balancing equivalence between flopping the nuts or sucking out and getting sucked out on. It's more like 5-to-1....then you're even.

I've been spinning my wheels in terms of bankroll progress. Every step forward I take in NLHE, I cancel out with a step backwards in PLO, and yes, that's still at the .10-.25 level. My main home PC has been undergoing some maintenance which has prevented me from playing in my most effective environment - on a big screen, using PT and PAHUD. And I've been trying to do too much at once, instead of focusing on my play. We'll see if I can't keep moving forward once I get my machine back in normal working order.

Anybody thinking about upgrading to PokerTracker3? Heard anything good or bad about it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats, Danny, well played. no more bad beat stories now. ever. :)
-rr

Anonymous said...

Good to see that you chose the appropriate avatar....LOL :)