Monday, March 24, 2008

Graduation

I'm moving up to 50NL. I hit my goal, and have enough buffer to move up and withstand some bad runs. I logged quite a few hours and played quite a few hands at 25NL to get here, but all in all, I count it as a very valuable experience.

Heretofore, I was a casual player. And I think casual players basically pick the game the gives them a combination of comfort and reward. I.e., you aren't flipping out if you drop a few buy-ins, but if you win some, you'll feel like you made a decent amount of bucks. But casual players probably tend to pick a game that's beyond their bankroll, so you hit a bad streak, and you go broke. And maybe you never know if you belonged at that level in the first place. Well, I feel like I have pretty solidly beaten 25NL, posting 9 big blinds won per 100 hands played (9BB/100). It's a nice sense of accomplishment knowing I belong at a certain level rather than just arbitrarily picking one, and never closely tracking my progress.

Now I'm thinking about throwing in some sort of sit-n-go tourney challenge, just to get away from the 6-handed NL grind for a short while. Something like play 10, 20, 30 tourneys at a given level, see if I beat it, analyze the results. Or maybe something with the 2-table, $26 token tourneys that Full Tilt hosts, since I seem to do pretty well at those. Any suggestions are welcome, and it might be fun if someone wants to play in parallel and compare results.

No comments: