Monday, March 10, 2008

First Off

A few words about purpose here and then I will attempt to abandon all pretense of self-awareness, hopefully for the duration of this journal's existence.

The goals and priorities:


1) To learn and to teach - I hope to learn by posing a lot of questions, and then praying that I'm not alone and I can occasionally get some helpful feedback. I don't presume to have a lot to novel thoughts to provide in this forum, but if the combination of my writing and other's feedback provides some lurnin' for someone, then that's great, that's something I would love.


2) To entertain - I find reading other select individuals' blogs on poker and music interesting, so I suppose I can add my own thoughts to the fray, and maybe a joe and jane here and there will find it mildly entertaining. And if I'm boring or unreadable, let me know, but since I've already cited lack of self-awareness as a founding principle, don't expect me to give a crap (although I'll probably still cry until you tell me everything's going to be okay).


3) Posterity - Because hidden somewhere in the heart of all journal-keeper's is a desire to capture personal history, and mine is no exception.

The content will be things I'm interested in and want to talk about. At the time of this conception, those things are primarily - Poker and Music. But who knows what other obsessions I might become consumed by as this progresses.

No comments: