Tuesday, December 23, 2008

2K Final Table

I don't play many tournaments, but when I do, I often peek over at Bodog to see what Guarantee tournaments they might be running, since the Bodog guarantee tourneys will often offer a pretty decent overlay. So Monday, I jumped into the $12+$1 $2K guarantee super-stack tourney, which offered a really great structure with a lot of play, which you very rarely find for a small buy-in. And I made a good run, getting to the final table out of 135 entrants.










I managed to win a huge pot off the former chipleader when he slowplayed KK and I hit a set of 5's. Here I am with a giant chiplead.



But my luck ran out. I was in position to take out another large stack when I flopped middle set of 8's on an A-8-5 board, and a villain with A-8 moved in. But he caught his two-outer A on the turn, and chopped my stack in half. I hung around and then lost a couple of races when it got to push-fold time. I ended up finishing 4th for $160. Disappointing, since $400 or $600 was in range and I was playing well, but still can't complain, considering how rarely I play these types of tourneys.


Merry Christmas and good luck at the tables.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a little extra cash for the season...sick playin....keep it up