Thursday, June 19, 2008

Musical Interlude

My Top 10 Albums of the 1st Half of 2008

...because there is clearly a shortage of top-10 lists in the world today
  1. Jamie Lidell - Jim
  2. Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend
  3. The Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride
  4. Grand Archives - Grand Archives
  5. Ruby Suns - Sea Lion
  6. Phantom Planet - Raise The Dead
  7. Sun Kil Moon - April
  8. Frightened Rabbit - The Midnight Organ Fight
  9. Magnetic Fields - Distortion
  10. Why? - Alopecia

Somewhere back when I started this thing, I had some foolishly grand vision of interspersing esoteric music babble with equally cryptic poker lipwork. As if there could possibly be an audience for both - it's a lonely world for some of us. But hell, if I'm not going to have time to get my feverish click-betting on anytime soon, I'm gonna have to fill this space with something.

On the poker side, I finally got my Full Tilt account reloaded, but not sure if I'll get any sessions in soon. I could have a baby girl in my hands any day now, and I expect a transition period, as I learn to burp baby with left arm while donk-leading-to-induce-raise-then-overshoving with my right hand.

No comments: