Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Easiest Hand I Ever Played, Pt. 1

I'm showcasing a new column in today's entry. It's one that I pray becomes a regular feature, because it highlights a most wonderful kind of hand - one in which not only do you have a monster, but you have at least one opponent helping your cause by doing the betting, raising, and building up the pot. It's the most stress-free type of big hand you can play.

The featured hand went down about a week ago, and it came back to me when I was thinking about DQBs and the last few times I've had them (tangentially, DQBs stands for Dem Quads Bitches, making it one of the dopest acronyms in poker. It's origins are unknown to me, but I would say it's author deserves a proper flying chestbump. Further off the on tangent, I'm unsure whether it is correct to type DQBs, which might be read as Dem Quads Bitcheses, but we're talking about multiples quads instances, right?). I picked up quad fives this weekend when holding 7-5, and got called down by a donk holding a four that had paired up and made him a weak boat. It's not often you get a nice payday when holding quads.

This is the second-to-last time I picked up quads...

Full Tilt Poker, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
Hero (BB): $49.35
UTG: $6.50
MP: $24.70
CO: $7.95
BTN: $51.30
SB: $28.15

Pre-Flop: A A dealt to Hero (BB)
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN raises to $1.10, SB folds, Hero raises to $3.65, CO folds, BTN calls $2.55

Flop: ($7.65) A 8 A (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $5.75, Hero calls $5.75

Turn: ($19.15) 4 (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $10.75, Hero calls $10.75

River: ($40.65) 2 (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $31.15 and is All-In, Hero calls $29.20 and is All-In

Results: $99.05 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero showed A A (four of a kind, Aces) and WON $96.05 (+$46.70 NET)
BTN showed J T (a pair of Aces) and LOST (-$49.35 NET)

Easiest hand I ever played. Check-called all the way down, against an opponent pushing with air on the end. We'll see how long it is until I get to post again in this series.

No comments: