Monday, February 2, 2009

One Resolution Down

2009 Poker Goal #3 reads - Finish each month + in profits. LOL! I will take solace that Goal #1 is still intact (Don't go broke), as January was pretty bad. Here's the graph:



My rakeback for the month was about $125, which helps, but still leaves me bleeding.

I'm still learning a tough lesson about letting go of overpairs (more coming soon on that), and I've been running into a lot of sets in bad spots. That said, I started the month out playing too loose PF, and now that I've sort of corrected that problem, I'm now playing too loose post-flop. Stay tuned...I have no intention of whining about my downswing here and then not publishing the upswing too.

But first, I'll be playing some live poker in Lake Tahoe this coming weekend. I'll try to record as many hands as I can and report back.

Also, I have a WSOP Tourney Challenge starting tomorrow. Since I'm running it, I'll be posting updates and standings here. It will last 6 weeks, with one tourney a week. 18 players are in, and the overall winner gets a nice $2700 package to Vegas to play in a $1500 WSOP prelim event.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard that some dude named Heflin is considered the favorite to take down that WSOP Challenge. Is that true?

Phil Ivey

noldmax said...

Yeah Phil, I'm sure the Big Game is all abuzz about our WSOP Challenge.

I'll tell you what Phil, Heflin may be favorite, but I'm still willing to place a bet that I finish higher than him in the standings. If the rumors be true, this would be a no-brainer for a degen gambler like yourself, no?

Anonymous said...

Danny,
You've got a good blog, but I've got some major confidence in my man Hef's poker skills. How much should we wager?

Ivey