Sunday, June 21, 2009

Shifting Back

PLO month comes to an end. After 2 straight weeks of focusing exclusively on PLO, I am shifting back to NLHE in anticipation of next week's Vegas trip and the NLHE cash game action I plan on getting into.


I played ~3700 hands on PLO at 25NL, and the results were pretty bad. But there were lessons learned, and I ended on a small encouraging uptick. See the gross graph here:



I ran 22/11/2, with a loss rate of -16.6 BB/100. What a donk I am. Here are all of the numbers:

But after all of that, I have to say that I am definitely not done with this game. Although more regulars have moved in, I still have to think it is overall easier to beat that NLHE. There is still a ton of spewiness in PLO, the problem was just that I was contributing to the spewing. But it got better towards the end, and I took some ugly beats at the end to, which prevented me from making a more complete profit recovery.

Now back to hold-em. I'm just hoping I wasn't away too long for rustiness to set in and take over.

I'm also starting to make plans to play some deep-stack tourneys in Vegas next, including the Caesar's deepstack and possibly the Venetian's. Advice on juiciest, best-structured tourneys would be greatly appreciated. Also considering some satellites into the 1500NL WSOP next Saturday (Event #51). No way I buy in direct...way outside of my bankroll, and I'm just not that good of a tourney player. But I'll take one or two shots at a satellite.

No comments: